Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I assign Quick Help pages?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 17, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Quick Help is at the beginning of nearly every chapter in the grammar sections and at the beginning of many of the writing chapters as well. It’s a quick look at possible trouble spots that the chapter addresses, with examples illustrating a problem and the solution. In some cases, the examples and explanations are the only advice a student needs; in others, the links lead to content pages with more detailed information.

You can get to Quick Help in several ways. For more information on this, please see the help article How do I find resources such as Quick Help, exercises, and charts in Writer's Help 2.0 for Hacker Handbooks?.

The Exercises in Quick Help are assigned when the Quick Help page is assigned.

From the Table of Contents

Locate Quick Help by searching the Table of Contents or at the beginning of the chapter you are working on. Hover your cursor over the title, in this case "Quick help: Commas", then click on the Options tab.

From the drop-down menu

Click Assign.

From the Manage Assignment screen

You can select an existing assignment unit to put your Quick Help assignment in, or you can create a new assignment unit from the Create New tab. Set a date for your assignment, add Points, then click Assign. For more information on creating assignments and the Manage Assignment screen, please refer to the help article How do I create assignments?.

Your Quick Help assignment is now visible from the Table of Contents. You can edit or unassign Quick Help from the Table of Contents, or from your Assignments page. For more information on editing an assignment, please see the help article How do I edit an assignment within a unit?.

From your Assignments page

You will see your Quick Help assignment. You can edit or unassign Quick Help from the Assignments page, or from the Table of Contents. For more information on editing an assignment, please see the help article How do I edit an assignment within a unit?.

Attachments

Outcomes