HE Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/MacmillanMedia/m/52442/l/550274-orbital-diagramHS Instructor Knowledge Base URL: http://cmg.screenstepslive.com/s/bfw_highschool_helpcenter/m/58868/l/550274-orbital-diagram?space_id=194&preview=true&preview=true
The Orbital Diagram Module enables you to grade student-drawn atomic orbitals. Use buttons to add subshells easily. Clicking within an orbital enables you to toggle between 0, 1, or 2 electrons in a particular orbital. You can choose whether or not to grade, the order in the which the subshells are added, or to place electrons according to Hund's rule.
- Delete. Removes this module from the stage.
- Revert. Removes changes made to module in current tab.
- Grading status. Changes the module between static, graded, and interactive.
- Single orbitals. Used to add or remove subshells from the editor.
- All orbitals. Used to add or remove all orbitals from the editor.
- All electrons. Used to fill or empty all shells from the editor.
The Options menu allows the user to control the presentation of the orbital diagram. For example, in the following figure, the editor is set to display the orbital string and to allow compressed strings.
- Display orbital string. When checked, this feature displays the electron configuration in addition to the diagram.
- Allow compressed string. When this box is checked, the configuration will be shown with the noble gas core.
- Only show orbits lower than: Enables the user to show only orbits lower than a specified value.
- Ignore orbital ordering. Does not grade the order in which subshells are listed.
- Ignore electron distribution in shells. Does not grade Hund's rule.