How do I use Solution Master? (Math and Stats)

Document created by Vishal Sharma on Jan 12, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

SolutionMaster is an instructor utility that will allow you to create a pdf document of selected solutions taken from the instructor’s solution manual.

Choose Resources from the menu on the left margin of the home page to open SolutionMaster

User-added image

Choose to view Content by Type

Scroll down to Instructor Resources, and choose SolutionMaster from the listing.

User-added image

SolutionMaster will open with the following view. Any of the circle icon buttons will display their function if you hover over the button.

User-added image

Frequently Asked Questions about Solution Master:

Q: Can I include questions from more than one Chapter?

A: Yes, select the questions you want from one chapter, then select another chapter and add to your listing. You will note in the image above that there are questions from 4 chapters included in this Solution Set.

Q: Is there a faster way to add desired solutions than one at a time?

A: Yes! If you click and hold down the control key, you can choose any number of solutions you would like and drag them all at once to the bottom right of the screen.

Q: Can I add a question as an after-thought and place it in order?

A: Yes, the numbered solutions that you have selected can be click-and-dragged to place them in your desired order.

Q: Can I edit the solution given?

A: Any edits of the solutions given through SolutionMaster would be done outside this utility program. If you have a program that allows you to edit pdf documents, then that can be utilized for your purposes.

Q: I cannot get my title to SAVE in the naming pop-up window. Now what?

A: The title must be entered, then tab though the other text boxes for the SAVE button to be active.

Q: I am trying to add solutions to the lower right box, but it isn’t working. Suggestions?

A: Make sure the title of the Solution Set you are wanting to work on is highlighted with a light blue background. This signals to the system the document that you are editing.

Attachments

Outcomes