Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I assign exercises?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Lynette L on Feb 13, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How do I assign exercises?

Exercises can be assigned from the Table of Contents by chapter or, when expanded, assigned individually. The Exercises in Quick Help are assigned when the Quick Help page is assigned.

From the Table of Contents

Click on Exercises, located near the beginning of the Table of Contents.

You will see the Exercise units. The whole unit can be assigned or you can expand the cluster and assign individual Exercises within that unit.

To assign the Exercise unit

Hover your cursor over the Exercise unit you would like to assign. Click the Options tab that appears on the right side.

From the drop-down menu

Click Assign.

From the Manage Assignment screen

You can select an existing assignment unit to put the Exercises in, or you can create a new assignment unit from the Create New tab. Set a due date for your assignment, then click Assign. For more information on creating assignments and the Manage Assignment screen, please refer to the help article How do I create assignments?.

Your assignment will show in the Table of Contents.

The assignment unit now has a blue "To Do" button at the right along with a due date.

Expand the unit

When the cluster is expanded, you will see that all the Exercises within the Exercise unit are assigned. After the title, you can see if the Exercise is autoscored.

"(Autoscored)" appears in the title of each autoscored exercise.

To assign an individual Exercise

From the Table of Contents, click to open the Exercise unit that contains the individual Exercise you would like to assign. Hover your cursor over the individual Exercise and click on the Options tab.

After the title, you can see if an assignment or Exercise is autoscored.

"(Autoscored)" appears in the title of each autoscored exercise.

From the Manage Assignment screen

You can select an existing assignment unit to put the Exercise in, or you can create a new assignment unit from the Create New tab. Set a date for your assignment, then click Assign. For more information on creating assignments and the Manage Assignment screen, please refer to the help article How do I create assignments?.

From the Table of Contents

You will see that your Exercise has been assigned.

The assignment now has a blue "To Do" button at the right along with a due date.

Attachments

Outcomes