FlipIt > How can I add or delete i>clicker IDs?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Jul 10, 2017
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

A course master or instructor with edit-roster privileges will have the ability to add or delete i>clicker remote IDs to student enrollments.

Note: Only courses that have had i>clicker lecture data uploaded to it will display an "i>clicker" column in the Student Enrollments table of the Manage Roster page.

Select "Manage Roster" from the "Instructor Links" drop-down menu

Press the "+Add clicker" link from the "i>clicker ID" column

Hover over the space in the i>clicker ID column and the desired student's row to see the +Add clicker link.

Note: If the link does not appear, then your current enrollment does not have sufficient privileges to add remote IDs.

Note: Students may have multiple remote IDs added to their enrollment.

Once clicked, you will see a text box with Save and Cancel links below it. Enter the student's clicker ID and click Save. Valid clicker IDs consist of eight alpha-numeric digits preceded by a #.

There are four possible outcomes when trying to save a change to a student's i>clicker ID:

1. The save is successful because the i>clicker ID you entered has a match in the uploaded i>clicker data. In this case the i>clicker ID will appear as a link with an option to add another i>clicker ID.
  2. The save is unsuccessful because the i>clicker ID you entered does not have a match in the instructor's uploaded i>clicker data. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the ID you entered does not have a match. You will be allowed to try again.
  3. In attempting to save, the system finds that another user already has the same i>clicker ID in the same course. In this case a warning modal will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is already in use by another user. You will have the ability to transfer ownership of the i>clicker IDs of the students in your class.
  4. In attempting to save, the system recognizes that the i>clicker ID you entered is not properly formatted. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is not a valid clicker ID. You will be allowed to try again.

To delete an existing i>clicker ID, click on the desired i>clicker ID link. Once clicked, you will see Delete and Cancel links. Deleting an ID will open a warning modal asking for confirmation.

Attachments

Outcomes