FlipIt > How can I update my Unique ID?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Jul 13, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This article will demonstrate how you can update your own Unique ID.

Click "account" in the upper right to navigate to the course account view

Click your Unique ID

In your table of active and inactive enrollments, on the course enrollment view, is a column titled Unique ID. This is the unique identifier you entered during the course enrollment process (see How do I gain access to FlipIt?). If your Unique ID appears as a link your Unique ID does not match your instructor's roster. Click to edit it.

Change Unique ID

Click Save when you're finished.

There are three possible outcomes when trying to save a change to your Unique ID:

1. The save is successful and the new Unique ID you entered has a match in the instructor's uploaded roster. In this case the Unique ID will appear as regular text and will no longer be a link. You will no longer be able to modify your Unique ID for that enrollment.
  2. The save is successful and the new Unique ID you entered does not have a match in the instructor's uploaded roster. In this case the Unique ID will appear again as a link. You will be able to continue to modify the Unique ID until a match is made.
  3. In attempting to save, the system found that another user already has the same Unique ID in the same course. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the Unique ID is already in use by another user. If you think this should not be the case, contact your instructor. Your instructor will have the ability to change the Unique IDs of other students.

Attachments

Outcomes