FlipIt > How can students update their i>clicker accounts?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Jun 28, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The enrollments listing in your course account view may contain a column called i>clicker ID. This column will display any clicker remote IDs registered to you in your courses. (For more about the i>clicker classroom polling system, visit the i>clicker website.)

Check to see if there is i>clicker data

Click "account" in the upper right to navigate to the course account view

The i>clicker column will only appear if a course within the Active Enrollments or the Inactive Enrollments contains i>clicker data uploaded by an instructor. In the example shown below, the Mechanics course listed in the Inactive Enrollments did not have any i>clicker data. Therefore, the i>clicker ID column did not appear in the Inactive Enrollments listing. However, in the Active Enrollments listing the column does appear, informing the user that i>clicker data is present in the course.

Add a clicker:

Hover over enrollment and click "+ Add clicker"

Hover over the empty space in the i>clicker ID column.

Add clicker and "Save"

Valid clicker IDs consist of eight alpha-numeric digits preceded by a "#" tag.

There are four possible outcomes when trying to save a change to your i>clicker ID:

1. The save is successful because the i>clicker ID you entered has a match in the uploaded i>clicker data. In this case the i>clicker ID will appear as a link with an option to add another i>clicker ID.
  2. The save is unsuccessful because the i>clicker ID you entered does not have a match in the uploaded i>clicker data. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the ID you entered does not have a match. You will be allowed to try again.
  3. In attempting to save, the system found that another user already has the same i>clicker ID in the same course. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is already in use by another user. 
  4. In attempting to save, the system recognized that the i>clicker ID you entered is not properly formatted. In this case a browser alert will appear informing you that the i>clicker ID is not a valid clicker ID. You will be allowed to try again.

Note: Students are not permitted to delete any i>clicker IDs registered to them. Only instructors can delete clicker registrations. For more information on how instructors can update clicker registrations please read How can I update my students' i>clicker accounts?.

Attachments

Outcomes