LaunchPad > How do I edit a quiz question?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Oct 2, 2017
Version 12Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Whether you've built your own pooled or non-pooled quiz, or you're working with one we've supplied, you can edit quiz questions one at a time.

Note: This article focuses on editing the text of a question stem and/or answer choices. If you wish to do more advanced formatting, such as adding images to questions, see How do I add an image to a quiz question?.

Before you edit

Warning: Do not edit a publisher-provided question in the place of previewing it. Choosing to edit a question will prevent any publisher-provided updates to that question, should they occur. This will happen even if you don't actually alter the question in any way. To see how to preview a question without editing it, visit the help article How do I preview a quiz question?.

Please watch the video below or read the written instructions that follow.

Click on the image above to play the video.

Edit your quiz and view questions

Locate the quiz in your table of contents, hover over it, click More Options, then click Edit. Click on the Questions tab to view your questions. Depending on your LaunchPad, you may see a Review & Modify tab instead.

Edit your question

If your quiz has a Questions tab, hover over the question and click the Edit link. If you're editing questions within a pooled quiz, you'll first need to click Show Questions to expand all questions within the pool. 

If your quiz has a Review & Modify tab, click the Edit link on the right of the question.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Edit the question stem and/or answer choices

Click into the text to edit the stem and/or answer choices. If you want to make more substantial changes, see the help article How do I enter my own questions into a quiz?. When you're done making changes, click Save.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Attachments

Outcomes