FlipIt > How do my students gain access to FlipIt?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Kasey R on Feb 24, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How do my students gain access to FlipIt?

Click on “Students” in the yellow box on the homepage

Enter and confirm email address

• Also enter the symbols you can read from the image.
  • When ready, click "Register."
  • A registration email will be immediately sent to students containing a link to enter the site.

From email click registration link

Create a password

Complete profile

For information on what to do if your student tries to register and gets an error message, please read the help article What can I do if a student tries to register and gets an error message? (ADMINISTRATORS ONLY).

Enter code associated with your course

You will need to provide your course access key to your students in order for them to be able to join your course. You can find the course access key for your course by clicking “Instructor Links,” then clicking “Global Course Settings.” The system automatically generates an alphanumeric code for you, but you can edit this code to be whatever you like. Be sure to share this with your students.

Enter Student ID

Students will be asked to enter a unique identifier so that should you decide to export your FlipIt gradebook to another system, you can easily import the data by making sure there is a matching field. Under your Global Course Settings, you can edit the name of the unique identifier that your course asks your students to provide. Schools often refer to this unique identifier as the Student ID, Net ID, or Student ID number.

Attachments

Outcomes