The gradebook automatically displays certain information about students in the columns to the left of the assignment columns. You can adjust what information is shown here by following the instructions below.
Go to gradebook
From the home page, click Gradebook in the left-hand sidebar.
View columns list
To add columns, click the Display Options button at the top left of the gradebook, and then click Visible Columns....
Select or deselect desired columns
Check the boxes for the columns you would like to appear in your gradebook. You can select up to 15 different columns, but the most commonly used columns are First and Last Name, External ID, Points, Grade, Score, Minutes, Performance, Completed, and Pace. See the next step for an explanation of each of these columns.
When finished selecting columns to appear, click the OK button.
View columns in gradebook
Your selected columns will appear in the gradebook.
Here is an explanation of each of the columns in the below screenshot.
- Name - Shows the student's name. First and last names can be in separate columns if desired.
- External ID - Shows the student's ID number.
- Points - Shows the student's points earned out of points possible.
- Score - Shows the student's grade in the course as a percentage.
- Grade - Shows a letter grade for the student.
- Minutes - Total time in minutes spent in the course.
- Completed - Percentage of assigned course materials the student has completed.
- Performance (graph icon) - Shows a green circle if the student has a passing grade. Shows a red circle if the student is not passing.
- Pace (running man icon) - Shows a green circle if the student is completing assignments on time. Shows a red circle if not.