LaunchPad, LearningCurve > Access Code FAQs

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Jul 14, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

What is an access code?

An access code is a series of letters and numbers that allow you to register for your online course. It will be a combination of letters and numbers and will have the following format: XXX-XXX-XXXXXXXX. Usually an access code can only be used once.

Where do I get one?

We create cardboard access cards for LaunchPad, LearningCurve, Classes, Portals, e-books and other premium media. An access code is printed inside each card. If your instructor decides to require a book and premium media as course materials, he or she usually chooses to package those materials together to save students money. This access card is often shrink-wrapped with the book in your school’s bookstore, or sold by itself.

If you don't have an access card but think that it should have been included with the book, please check with your bookstore. If you purchased a used book you will not have received an access card or the code on the access card may be used or expired. You can still get access to online resources by purchasing access online.

How do I register for my course using an access code?

For more information on how to register for your course using an access code, please refer to the help article How do I register for my course using an access code?.

How long will I be able to view the online content provided by my access code?

The length of access to online media varies from product to product.

If I buy a used book and it doesn't come with an access code, can I purchase my online media separately?

For more options on how to purchase online media, please refer to the help article How do I register for my course by purchasing access online?.

Attachments

Outcomes