LaunchPad and Writer's Help 2.0 > I need my students' grades in D2L/Brightspace now. Can I manually refresh them?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 14, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Although the D2L/Brightspace deep integration with Macmillan provides an automated process for gradesync, grades often take several hours to update. If you need your grades to appear in D2L/Brightspace immediately, you can use the Manual Grade Refresh support tool. You can use Manual Grade Refresh any time; it won't interfere with the automated gradesync.

Open your D2L/Brightspace course

Log in as the instructor and proceed to the home page of the desired D2L/Brightspace course.

Click Macmillan Grade Refresh

Open the Macmillan Course Tools widget, scroll down to Support Tools, and click Macmillan Grade Refresh.

Click Refresh Grades

On the Macmillan Higher Education Grade Refresh page, note that all gradable assignments you have deployed to D2L/Brightspace are listed here with the possible exception of content deployed less than 15 minutes before.

Full grade refreshes are generally not recommended as they may take several minutes to complete. Instead, perform selective grade refreshes for the assignment(s) you require immediately.

When you have selected which assignments to refresh, click Refresh Grades.

You may see a message alerting you that the task is in progress.

D2L/Brightspace will perform the gradebook refresh for all the items that you’ve selected, return you to the Macmillan Higher Education Tools page, and display confirmation of a successful grade refresh.

Confirm that your grades have been posted

Return to the D2L/Brightspace course’s Grades area and confirm that the students’ scores have been posted.

Attachments

Outcomes