LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I edit a rubric?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Aug 7, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can edit a rubric before or after you create a Video Assignment. This article will show you the steps for editing the rubric after you've already created your Video Assignment, but the steps for editing the rubric before creating the assignment ere essentially the same once you click "Edit" in your list of rubrics.

For more information on adding rubrics, please read the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?.

Edit video assignment

In the LaunchPad Table of Contents or Writer's Help 2.0 Assignments page, hover over the video assignment, click More Options, then click Edit.

On the same line as your video assignment, under More Options

Click the "Rubrics" tab

If you have already added a rubric, click "Edit a copy" at the bottom of the page

Doing this creates a copy of the rubric that you can then edit. You will have to assign this new copy to your Video Assignment when you're done.

If you haven't already created or added a rubric for this assignment, select a rubric to edit it

Click the radio button next to the rubric you want to edit, then click Edit. You can also preview, copy, and delete rubrics from here. For more information on adding rubrics, please see the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?.

Edit the title

It's important to give the copy a new name so you'll be able to distinguish it from the original in your list of rubrics.

Click "Add a Competency"

Only do this if you want to add another category.

You will then see a new untitled competency at the bottom of the list.

Click the pencil icon next to the competency you want to edit.

1. Edit the Criterion
  2. Change the minimum and maximum point values.
  3. Click the trash icon to delete a criterion.

NOTE: the maximum score MUST be higher than the minimum score.

Click the checkmark to accept changes or the X to decline changes

Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen

Select the revised rubric

If you want to now assign the new rubric to the video, first choose it from the dropdown list and then click "Add to Assignment."

Attachments

Outcomes