- A rubric is a tool that communicates your expectations for an assignment.
- It lists the criteria and describes levels of quality from excellent to poor.
- A rubric can be used to grade student work, but can also be used to teach students how to evaluate their own work or the work of their classmates.
Why use a rubric?
- Rubrics help you define "quality" for your students' work.
- Rubrics can help you cut down how much time you spend grading.
- Rubrics will help you explain to your students how you determined their grade.
- Rubrics, when used by students, can help students learn to accept responsibility for the quality of their own work.
For more information on how to add a rubric to your video assignment, see the help article How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?.