LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I add a rubric to a Video Assignment?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Aug 29, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Rubrics are primarily used for student submitted Video Assignments. They provide guidelines for students submitting videos and students commenting on each others videos. For more information, see the help article What is a rubric?.

Note: If you are going to create a rubric for both you and your students for a particular assignment, you cannot use a different rubric from the one you assign to the class.

Edit video assignment

In the LaunchPad Table of Contents or Writer's Help 2.0 Assignments page, hover over the video assignment, click More Options, then click Edit.

Click on the "Rubrics" tab

Click "Add a rubric"

Click to choose your rubric

There are two ways to create your rubric.

1. Rubric Library - From here you can choose a rubric to add to your assignment or edit a copy of a rubric to create your own version.
  2. My Rubrics - From here you can create and edit your own rubrics to use in any of your courses.

Click "Rubric Library"

Click here to choose a rubric to add to your assignment or edit a copy of a rubric to create your own version.

Note: Depending on your LaunchPad, you may not have the Rubric Library available for your video assignments.

Choose a rubric

From here you can also:

1. Click Preview to see the rubric without editing it.
  2. Click Download.
  3. Click Edit a Copy to customize the rubric. For more information on editing a rubric, please review the help article How do I edit a rubric?.

Click "Add to Assignment"

Review your rubric

Click "Done Editing" if you're satisfied with the rubric as it is

Click "Edit a Copy" to make changes to your rubric

For more information on editing a rubric, please review the help article How do I edit a rubric?.

Click "My Rubrics"

Here you will see a list of all the pre-made rubrics available to you in addition to any you've customized for use in any of your classes.

Click to choose a template to edit

From here you can also:

1. Click Preview to see the rubric without editing it.
  2. Click Edit to customize the rubric. For more information on editing a rubric, please see the help article How do I edit a rubric?.
  3. Click Copy.
  4. Click Delete to delete this rubric from your My Rubrics library.

If you prefer to create your rubric from scratch, jump to Click "Create a new Rubric" to start building a rubric from scratch.

Review your rubric

Click "Edit a Copy" to make changes to your rubric

For more information on editing a rubric, please see the help article How do I edit a rubric?.

Click "Create a new Rubric" to start building a rubric from scratch

For more information on editing a rubric, please see the help article How do I edit a rubric?.

Click "Save" after you've finished building your rubric

Select your new rubric from the list

Attachments

Outcomes