To add LaunchPad content to your Blackboard course, please make sure you have completed the instructions in these articles first:
If you are syncing LaunchPad assignments with your Blackboard gradebook, apply due dates and points to content in LaunchPad first. Due dates and points must only be applied in LaunchPad. Applying these settings in Blackboard will not sync the LaunchPad content with the Blackboard gradebook
VIDEO: How do I assign content in LaunchPad?
Visit this link for a video version of the instructions below:
Adding LaunchPad Content to Blackboard:
- Navigate to a Blackboard Content area where you would like to place LaunchPad content.
- Click Partner Content > Content Market. Content Market is Commercial Content in older versions of Blackboard.
- Click on the Macmillan Icon under Used in this Course
- Expand the LaunchPad Units Folder. Do not use Additional Resources.
- Select LaunchPad content that you intend to sync with Blackboard
- Gradebook items will appear under the Assignments folder. A Bar Graph Icon next to an assignment indicates that it will create a gradebook column after being synced with Blackboard.
- Items that you do not wish to sync with the Blackboard gradebook (LaunchPad Homepage, eBook content,videos, animations) can be selected in the chapter folders. These should not be assigned in LaunchPad first.
- Hit Submit.
- Confirm the Blackboard destination folder, Points, and Gradebook categories for LaunchPad items.
- Hit Submit
- Links to Launchpad content will appear in the specified Blackboard Content Area.
- Gradebook columns and categories will appear in the Blackboard gradebook for assigned LaunchPad items.
- Assigned LaunchPad items will sync with the Blackboard Calendar