LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0 > As an instructor, how do I load a video into a Video Assignment?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Aug 7, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This article will describe the four ways you can load a video into a Video Assignment. For more information on how to create an instructor submitted Video Assignment, please refer to the help article How do I create an instructor submitted Video Assignment?. For more information on how to create a student submitted Video Assignment please refer to the help article How do I create a student submitted Video Assignment?.

Open the assignment

From your LaunchPad home page or Writer's Help 2.0 Assignments page, click on the assignment title.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Click "Add File"

YOU HAVE FOUR OPTIONS FOR UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO FILE:

1. Select Upload to upload a video from a file on your computer;
  2. Select Embed to embed the file using an embed code or URL;
  3. Select Video Library to choose from an array of publisher provided videos that have been uploaded here specifically for this course;
  4. Choose My Videos to select a video that you've already uploaded or embedded. Note that the My Videos tab will contain videos from all of your courses and not just from the course you're currently in.

OPTION 1: Upload a Video

Click the "Upload" tab

Click "Browse" to select a video to upload

The following formats are supported:: avi, flv, mov, mpeg, mpg, mp4, m4v, qt, wmv, 3gp

Select the file from your computer and click "Open"

The file size limit is 600 MB. To compress your video file to a smaller size, follow the instructions in the help article How do I compress a video file for faster upload?.

Check the "Terms of Use" box

Add a Title and Description

Click "Submit"

You will see the following dialog box while the video uploads. Closing this window will terminate the upload.

OPTION 2: Embed a video file

Click the "Embed" tab

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can currently only embed Youtube videos. We are, however, currently working to change this.

Paste the URL or embed code of the video

You can use the URL for a video, but if you prefer to use the embed code you can find it following the instructions below.

For a Youtube video:

1. Click the Share link under the video.
  2. Click the Embed link.
  3. Copy the code provided in the expanded box.

You can view this video to learn how to get the embed code for any video.

Check the "Terms of Use" box

Add a Title and Description

Click "Submit"

You will see the following dialog box while the video uploads. Closing this window will terminate the upload.

You will see the following dialog box when the video upload completes. If you are not redirected, click "click here."

OPTION 3: Select a video from the Video Library

Click the "Video Library" tab

The Video Library allows you to choose from an array of publisher provided videos that have been uploaded here specifically for this course;

Click on the video you want to assign

Click "Submit"

1. Note that you can also choose to preview the video on this screen by pressing the play button.

OPTION 4:

Click the "My Videos" tab

The My Videos tab allows you to browse and select a video that you've already uploaded or embedded in this course or in another course. Note that the My Videos tab will contain videos from all of your courses and not just from the course you're currently in.

Click on the video you want to assign

Click "Submit"

1. Note that you can also choose to preview the video on this screen by pressing the play button.

Attachments

Outcomes