Go to your Macmillan course homepage
Access the Macmillan Learning App in your Canvas course and click on the Macmillan course homepage link.
Note: If you experience an error message, check your browser settings. If a new window or tab does not open after clicking on the Macmillan course homepage link, disable your pop-up blockers.
Copy your Macmillan course
Follow these instructions to copy your Macmillan course and batch update your due dates (not available in Writer's Help 2.0). Make independent copies of your Macmillan course for new semesters. Only use the master course with branches when teaching multiple sections in a single term.
Access next semester’s Canvas shell
Click Settings at the bottom left. Click Import Course Content in the list at the right.
Select "Copy a Canvas Course" from the "Content Type" drop-down
Select the course that you wish to copy from the "Search for a Course" drop-down
Select content to import
- To import all content from the course, select All content.
- To copy specific content, select Select specific content.
The "Current Jobs" menu will display the status of your import
- A status bar with the time remaining will display.
- If you copied all content, Canvas will show a Completed status.
- If you imported the course and selected specific content, Canvas will ask you to select the content you wish to import. Click Select Content to choose the items that you wish to import. Macmillan content will be located in Canvas modules and assignments.
Link your Macmillan course to Canvas
Follow these instructions to link your new Macmillan Course to Canvas.
Note: Follow these instructions if the Macmillan Learning App is not available on the left side of your new Canvas course.
Note: If you do not link your new Macmillan Course to Canvas, the Macmillan links will produce error messages.
Run a content refresh to reset the Macmillan links and import the new due dates from the copy of the Macmillan course.
Note: Due dates must be set in the Macmillan course and cannot be set in Canvas. Make sure to run a content refresh even if you are not changing Macmillan due dates.