Please note: Macmillan Course Tools will be available in your school’s D2L/Brightspace site only after your Administrator has completed the integration setup with the assistance of the Macmillan Learning Integration team.
Some institutions prohibit instructors from adding Macmillan Course Tools to a D2L/Brightspace course homepage. If you do not have this option available in your course, please try the instructions in this article: Adding Macmillan Course Tools to a D2L/Brightspace Content Module.
If Macmillan Course Tools are not available at all in your D2L/Brightspace courses, please contact your Macmillan Learning Representative.
Click "Course Admin"
- Access the Course Admin panel of your D2L/Brightspace course
- Click on Homepages.
Note: Course Admin might also be called Edit Course or another variation in your D2L course. It is usually located at the top right of the course. If you cannot locate Course Admin in your D2L/Brightspace courses, please contact your D2L/Brightspace Administrator.
Copy the active homepageClick the drop-down arrow next to your course’s Active homepage and click Copy.
Make the homepage copy the active homepage
- Click the drop-down arrow for the Active Homepage.
- Select the copy of the homepage.
- Click Apply to make it the new active homepage.
Click the new active homepage to edit
- Confirm that the copy of the homepage is active.
- Click the name of the new active homepage.
Click "Add Widget"
Add Macmillan Course Tools
- Select Macmillan Course Tools.
- Click Add.
- Return to your D2L/Brightspace course homepage.
- Confirm that Macmillan Course Tools are available. You will see a link with a red flag icon that says Getting Started.
Note: If you experience an error message, check your browser settings.