There are three ways to create assignments from the content within your LaunchPad course:
- Assign an entire LaunchPad unit as is.
- Assign certain content items within a LaunchPad unit.
- Create your own content items and assign them within a LaunchPad unit (e.g., a quiz).
Assigning an Entire LaunchPad Unit
Confirm that you would like to assign all of the content items in the unit to be due on the date selected by clicking “OK.”
Assigning Certain Content Items Within a LaunchPad Unit
To assign a particular item within a LaunchPad unit, open the unit and hover over the resource you would like to assign. Then click the “Assign” button at the right.
Select a due date, enter a point value, and select or create a gradebook category for the resource. Click Assign when you're done.
Creating Your Own Content Items and Assigning Them Within a LaunchPad Unit
To create your own content item and then assign it within a LaunchPad unit, open the unit you want to create an item within and click “Add to this Unit.”
Select the type of item you want to create.
For help with each of the different assignment types, see the articles below:
- Adding a Discussion Board to a LaunchPad Unit
- Adding a Link to a LaunchPad Unit
- Adding an HTML Page to a LaunchPad Unit
- How to Add an Offline Assignment and Import Scores
- Adding a New Quiz to a LaunchPad Unit
- How do I create an instructor submitted Video Assignment?
- How do I create a student submitted Video Assignment?
- REEF Grade Sync with LaunchPad
- Adding a Dropbox to a LaunchPad Unit
Select a due date, point value, Gradebook Category and other assignment settings. Then assign the item.
NOTE: If you check "Hide grade from student until due date has passed," your students will not have access to their grades until the due date passes. This can sometimes confuse students who expect to see their grades immediately after submitting their answers. WE RECOMMEND that if you choose this setting you ALERT your students so they know what to expect.
To add questions to your assignment, check the box at the left of each question and then click the “Add” button.
When finished adding content to your assignment, click the “Done Editing” button at the top left.