LaunchPad > How to Create a New Course

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Nov 14, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Create Course

When you log in to LaunchPad, you will be taken to your dashboard. Click Create Course at the top of the page.

Confirm product

You will be asked to confirm that the product you are using to create the course is the same one that your students will be purchasing. Some products have multiple versions, and if titles are not exactly the same, your students may not be able to access your course. Click Next.

Copy an existing course

If you have not already created a course for this title, the following option will not appear and you may move on to the next step. If you do already have another course created for this title, you will be asked if you wish to base your new course on a previous course.

Choose No to create a brand new course. Choose Yes if you wish to create a copy of a previous course. For more instructions on how to create course copies, see the help article I want to teach with a copy of this course again next semester. What do I do?.

Then, click Next.

Enter course info

Fill in the course information that you would like to appear when your students register for the course. When you are finished, click Create.

View new course in dashboard

Your course will now appear under My Courses on your dashboard. 

Enter course

To access your course, click on the course title from your dashboard. Then, click Enter Course.

Customize course

You can now begin customizing your course (creating assignments, setting due dates, etc). For instructions on how to activate your course for student registration, see the help article How do I activate my course? (How do I make my course available to students?).

If you need to return to your dashboard from your course at any time, click the drop-down arrow in the upper right next to your name and choose Switch/Create Courses.

6 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes