To learn how to activate your course, watch the instructional video or read the article below.
Make sure your course is ready to activate
Before you activate a course you will have to create it and make all customizations necessary for the semester.
Note: If you're using the due date batch update feature, do not activate your new course until after you've updated it with your new dates. For information on how to use the Batch Due Date Updater to change due dates, please read the help article How do I change multiple assignment due dates at once (to move assignments from one term to the next)?.
In particular, be sure not to activate your course until after you've updated it with your new dates if you're using the Zero Scores for Unsubmitted Assignments feature. If you copy a course with this feature enabled and do not update the due dates prior to activating the course, students will receive 0's for every assignment. If that has already happened, please contact tech support
Activate your courseYou can activate your course from the dashboard or within the course.
You can activate from your dashboard by clicking Activate beneath your course title.
To activate from within the course, click the Activate This Course button that appears in the yellow banner toward the top of your LaunchPad home page.
Edit course information (optional)
Once you have selected Activate (from either location), you will see a screen listing the details of your course. If you need to make changes to this information, you may do so by clicking Edit this information. If you do not need to edit, click Activate.
Save course URL and course activation e-mail
A window will appear telling you that you have successfully activated your course. That window will also provide you with two things:
- Your specific course URL. Bookmark this URL immediately! You might also copy and paste it into a Word document and save it with your other course materials. Taking these measures will enable you to return to/log in to your course easily.
- A sample e-mail that you can distribute to your students, which contains your specific course URL. This sample e-mail will also be e-mailed to you, but you can copy and paste it into a Word document as a backup.
When you have bookmarked and/or copied your course URL and saved the sample e-mail to distribute to students, click the Done button at the bottom of the message to complete the activation process.
Now that your course is activated, you can make any changes you wish to the course activation e-mail and distribute it to your students. Your students can then go to your course-specific URL and enroll in your course in one of three ways:
- By entering the student access code they purchased from the bookstore
- By purchasing a subscription through e-commerce
- By signing up for 21 days of free trial access, after which they will need to enter a code or purchase online