How do I get to the welcome page?
To get to the Welcome Page from your home page, click the Welcome Page button in the left-hand navigation menu.
What can I do with it?
The course Welcome Page features the following:
- An area for instructors to post announcements for all students to see
- RSS feed articles from Scientific American, The Economist, or any other feed of your choice
- A list of upcoming assignments organized by those due today, this week, and next week
- Access to the course calendar
How can I change the Welcome Page?
To make edits to the Welcome Page, click the Edit Page button on the top left while viewing the Welcome Page.
Add or change announcements
Hover your cursor over the announcements area and click to open the Welcome Message html editor. Click Save when you're done.
To remove a widget from the Welcome Page, click Remove in the top-right corner of the widget.
Add new widgets
To add a widget to the Welcome Page, click the + ADD NEW WIDGET button, and choose the type of widget you’d like to add.
New widgets: RSS Feed
One new feature that can be added is a Custom RSS Feed. RSS feeds are real time feeds provided by a variety of news services. You can find some example RSS feeds at the APA website. Copy and paste the URL of the feed into the box, provide a name for the feed, and click Add when you're done.
Exit the Welcome Page editorWhen you're finished making changes, exit the editor by clicking Done editing at the top right of the page.
How can I use the Welcome Page to keep my course current?
- Update your announcements daily to give students a reason to log in regularly.
- Assign articles from one or more RSS feeds to incorporate topical resources into your course.