LaunchPad contains resources for you and your students. In this tutorial, we'll take a detailed look at both types separately. Let's begin with student resources. Click here to go to the landing page of LaunchPad for A Speaker's Guidebook.
What resources are available for my students?
From your LaunchPad home page, click Resources, then Content by Type. You'll see a list of all the resources available to your students. We'll now take a closer look at each.
LaunchPad’s e-Book integrates the text with an assortment of media-powered learning tools and includes every word on every page of the printed text, including all images and pedagogical tools. Students can highlight and comment, making it easier to access key content and organize studying. Teachers can customize and rearrange chapters and add notes and discussions.
Adaptive quizzing system that contains multiple-choice questions for each chapter. For every correct or incorrect answer a student enters, LearningCurve offers detailed feedback and references to the text to help the student learn the material more effectively.
40 professionally-shot speech videos accompanied by multiple-choice quiz questions to help students further engage with the material.
Over 180 videos, ranging from full student speeches to shorter speech clips that illustrate key concepts from the text.
What resources are available for instructors?
From the same screen where you've been viewing student resources, you can scroll down to see those available to instructors. Let's now take a closer look at each.
Instructor's Resource Manual
This resource contains:
- Activities with Suggested Answers - For each chapter, several activity questions challenge students to think about and engage with key concepts.
- Additional Resources - A downloadable file containing links to web sites and recommendations for books and articles related to public speaking, which instructors can use to supplement their course.
- Chapter Outlines - Downloadable outlines for each chapter that help instructors organize their class discussions and lectures.
- More Instructor Activities - These downloadable files contain dozens of ideas for in-class activities for each chapter, from group discussions to entertaining and informative in-class games.
- Course Management - A downloadable file with general suggestions for teaching the introductory public-speaking course.
- Course Organization - A downloadable file with suggestions for organizing the introductory public-speaking course, including sample syllabi.
- LaunchPad and LearningCurve Guide - A downloadable guide explaining the basics of using LaunchPad and LearningCurve.
Presentation slides covering key concepts in each chapter, for instructors to use during lectures. Students can also download these slides and use them as study aids.