LaunchPad > I used Batch Item Settings to set a gradebook category, but when I assign the item, the category isn't selected. How can I fix this?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Jul 28, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You may on occasion discover that after you use the Batch Item Settings to set a gradebook category and then attempt to assign one of the individual items from the table of contents on the home page, the gradebook category will display as Uncategorized rather than the category you set. This article will show you your options for revealing the category you chose, starting from the Assign button on the home page.

For more information on how to use the Batch Item Settings function in LaunchPad, refer to the help article How do I apply gradebook and other settings for all resources within a particular content type? (How do I use Batch Item Settings?).

From the LaunchPad home page, click "Assign"

item in table of contents with assign button on the right

Note the "Uncategorized" category

At this point you will expect to see the category you designated for the item in the Assign pop-up menu that appears. Instead, however, you see that the category is listed as Uncategorized.

Choose your category to assign

At this point, there are three ways to see the category that you anticipated appearing when you clicked Assign.

Method 1 - Select the category manually

If you remember the category you selected for the assignment when you used the Batch Item Settings function, click the Category drop-down menu and select the category.

If you don't remember the category, proceed to Method 2.

Assign your due date and click "Assign"

Method 2

Click the Edit link next to Manage Content Item. This will bring up a new edit menu in which you will be able to change your assignment settings.

Click "Assignment"

When you click the Assignment tab you will see that the category you selected using the Batch Item Settings feature is now selected.

Method 3

Instead of clicking Assign from the LaunchPad table of contents, click the More Options link to the right of your assignment, then click Edit

Click on the image to zoom in.

Click "Assignment"

When you click the Assignment tab you will see that the category you selected using the Batch Item Settings feature is now selected. 

Attachments

Outcomes