LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0 > One of my instructors taught with LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 last semester. Does this mean I am already set up to use it in D2L/Brightspace?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Oct 5, 2017
Version 13Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Note: These instructions are for LaunchPad, but you can follow the same steps if you are using Writer's Help 2.0.

Not exactly, but you're halfway there! The good news is that you have a LaunchPad account, so you don't have to create a new one. Now all you have to do is to link your LaunchPad account with your current instructor's D2L/Brightspace course and select your access option.

Enter your D2L/Brightspace username and password. Click Login.

Find your instructor's course

Locate your course under My Courses. Click the title of your course to open it.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Locate your LaunchPad assignments

Navigate to where your instructor has put LaunchPad content and click on the content area to open it. There are three likely places:

1. From the navigation bar across the top right of your course, select Content.
  2. From the calendar module. Assignments are listed according to upcoming due dates.
  3. From the LaunchPad logo within the Macmillan Course Tools area. This will take you to the LaunchPad homepage, not to a specific assignment.

Click on a LaunchPad assignment

Click on the title of any LaunchPad assignment. Doing so will begin the process of linking D2L/Brightspace with LaunchPad.

Which screen do you see?

You'll see one of a few different screens, depending on how your campus IT team set up your institution's D2L/Brightspace integration with LaunchPad. When you see your screen, follow the instructions provided.

Agree to the Legal Terms

Click "Change" to enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see a screen asking you to register, and the e-mail address displaying is your D2L/Brightspace address, then the system doesn't recognize you because you used a different e-mail to register for LaunchPad last semester. Simply click Change and enter the e-mail address you used to register for LaunchPad.

If you don't remember what e-mail address you used to register, we can look it up for you. Please contact tech support (Higher Ed only).

Enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see a screen asking you whether you already have an account, enter the e-mail address you used to create your LaunchPad account and click Go.

If you don't remember what e-mail address you used to register, we can look it up for you. Please contact tech support (Higher Ed only).

Enter the password you used to create your LaunchPad account

If you see this screen, the system recognizes your e-mail address. Enter the password associated with your LaunchPad account.

• If you know the password associated with this account, enter it.
  • If you've forgotten it, have it e-mailed to you by clicking click here.

Select your access option

1. Click Enter an Access Code if you've purchased a package from the bookstore that contains a LaunchPad access card or if you've purchased a stand-alone LaunchPad access card. If you need further assistance, see the help article How do I enter an access code?.
  2. Click Purchase Access if you'd like to purchase a LaunchPad subscription with a credit card or PayPal account. If you need further assistance, see the help article How do I purchase access?.
  3. Click Request Trial Access if you'd like 21 days of free trial access, after which you'll be required to purchase from the bookstore or online. If you need further assistance, see the help article How do I request free trial access?.

Attachments

Outcomes