There are two ways you can email your whole class, or a subset of the class.
Method 1: Participants page
- Go to Course Management > Participants.
- If applicable, use the filters to narrow down the list to just the desired students.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Select all. IMPORTANT: If there is more than one page of students, you'll want to click Show all x to get all students on one page before clicking Select all.
- From the dropdown menu that says With selected users... choose Add/send message.
Method 2: Export emails
- Go to Grades.
- Export the gradebook
- Copy the entire email column and paste those emails into the bcc field of your normal email program.
If you have groups enabled in your course, you can select a single group before exporting. Additionally, you can sort the spreadsheet to find a certain subset of students. For example, you could sort by ID number and grab only the emails of students who have not entered their student ID into their profile. Or, you could sort by overall grade and grab only the emails of students who are failing.