For Flash-based activities, you can edit a student’s score on an entire activity or on an individual question within an activity. For mobile assignments, you can only edit a student’s score on an entire activity.
Edit overall activity score or category score (i.e., a cell in the gradebook)
Here's how to edit a cell in the gradebook. It is recommended that you wait until after the due date to edit grades in this manner because the student's score will become "locked". That is, the student's score will no longer increase as they continue working.
- From the main course page, click Grades.
- Click Turn editing on in the upper right corner.
- Enter the desired score in the desired cell or cells.
Or, if your cursor is still visible in the cell you just typed in, you can hit Enter on your keyboard to save.
Edit individual question score (i.e., a single question for a single student)
Here's how to edit a the score on a single question for a single student. This can be done before the due date, but you may want to wait until the student is finished with all parts of that question.
- From the Grades page, click on a score.
- You are now seeing the instructor view of a particular student’s assignment, which does not have the same functionality as the student view. The primary difference is that instructors always have the solution tab available but no check-answer button.
- Click the pencil icon to edit a score.
- Enter the desired score (from 0 to 100) and click the Save icon.