There are two types of group offsets and extensions.
- Course-wide: Set it once and you’re done. This works best when the difference between due times for the groups is always the same (e.g., the Tuesday section’s work is always due one day later than the Monday section’s work).
- Per-assignment: This is more flexible, but takes a little longer to set up.
Setting course-wide group offsets and extensions
- From your main course page, click or hover your mouse over Course Management. and in the menu that appears click Groups.
- Click on a group name to select it. If no groups exist, see the help article Creating and Editing Groups.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Edit group settings.
- Choose how much later this group’s dates should be (relative to the earliest group) by specifying the difference in weeks, days, hours and minutes.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save changes.
Setting per-assignment group offsets and extensions
Extensions/offsets for groups can be set on a per-assignment basis in the same place as you’d set extensions/offsets for individuals. Just click Add group offsets or extensions (at the bottom of the page) instead of Add individual offsets or extensions. If you don't see this option then you first need to create a group. Note that the assignment must have a standard due date set before extensions/offsets may be applied.
- Click Activities and Due Dates at the top-left of your course.
- The last two columns indicate whether any offsets or extensions are currently present using a 0 or a person icon . Click the 0 or the icon to go to the offsets/extensions page.
- Make sure the assignment has an available from date and/or due date set.
- Click Add group offsets or extensions to add a new offset or extension.
- Select one or more groups from the list on the left.
- Choose the new available from date and/or due date from the menus at the top of the block.
- Click Save.