If you have LTI enabled (see Related Articles below), you can sync one column of your Sapling Learning gradebook to your LMS course site. Please note these instructions are for manually syncing grades. Any Sapling grades entered later will not automatically appear in your LMS. You must do another manual sync each time you want new grades from Sapling to appear in your LMS.
From the main Sapling Learning course page click on the Grades icon.
- Click on the Export tab.
- Click on the Grade Sync option.
- Choose a grade item from the dropdown menu. The overall average is probably what you want.
- Click Sync grade Item.
- Optional: if you'd like to save your selections for next time, click Save.
- The synced score must be out of 100 points in Sapling. For example, a score of 40/80 will be pushed as 40% not 50%. If the score you wish to sync is not out of 100 points, we recommend making another, hidden grade item that normalizes the displayed score to a percentage. For example, the student would still see 40/80 but an additional hidden score would show 50/100. Then you would sync the hidden score. Your Client Success Specialist can configure this for you.
- If you get an error message that reads "Error pushing grades", verify that Enable Evaluation is set to Yes in your LMS course. In Blackboard, this setting can be found by clicking on the v next to the content item then clicking Edit.