Watch the orientation video
Start by watching a 5-minute instructor orientation video. Then, there are two main tasks you need to do as a new instructor; (1) Enable the first homework assignment and (2) tell your students to sign up.
Enable the first homework assignment
- Log in.
- Click on your course link. If you have multiple courses, they will be arranged by term and subject.
- Preview the first homework assignment and make any necessary edits. Or, let your Client Success Specialist know what edits you'd like them to make for you.
- Make the first homework assignment visible to students.
- Optional: You may also set an available-from date, but you still need to make the assignment visible either way.
- Optional: Set a due date, if applicable. Due dates are recommended in most cases, but you can always come back and set them later. You can even ask your Client Success Specialist to set dates for you if you provide the information.
Tell your students to sign up
- Distribute the written instructions to your students. Your Client Success Specialist sent you these via email.*
- Optional: Show the student orientation video in class.
- Optional: Refer students to the Help button on our website.
*Our sign-up process works like a typical website (such as Amazon or Facebook), where users create an account if they don't already have one. Most students are familiar enough with this process that they don't require any special directions. Even so, your Client Success Specialist has sent you step-by-step student instructions via email. We recommend that you paste these instructions into your syllabus, or otherwise distribute them to students.
Please see below for more information on the sign-up process: