Watch the orientation video
Start by watching a 5-minute instructor orientation video. Then, there are two main tasks you need to do as a new instructor: enable the first homework assignment and tell your students to sign up.
Enable the first homework assignment
- Log in.
- Click on your course link. If you have multiple courses, they will be arranged by term and subject.
- Preview the first homework assignment and make any necessary edits. Or, let your Client Success Specialist know what edits you'd like them to make for you.
- Make the first homework assignment visible to students.
- Optional: You may also set an available-from date, but you still need to make the assignment visible either way.
- Optional: Set a due date, if applicable. Due dates are recommended in most cases, but you can always come back and set them later. You can even ask your Client Success Specialist to set dates for you if you provide the information.
Tell your students to sign up
- Please direct your students to go the Sapling Learning login page to log in or create an account. You should give them instructions for registering for your course.
- Optional: Show the student orientation video in class.
- Optional: Refer students to the Help button on our website.
Please see the articles below for more information on the sign-up process.
During sign up or throughout the term, if your students have any technical problems or system questions, please direct them to fill out the support request form, located in the College Student Support Community. They should scroll down the page and click Contact Tech Support to launch the form.