Single File and/or Link
- Scroll to the block in which you want the link to appear.
- From the Add a Resource... menu, select Link to a file or web site...
- Give the resource a name (this will become the link text).
From here, you can choose to link to an external website or one of your own files.
a. External website
The link may now be moved as needed. Note that any file you post will remain private to just the members of your course.
Managing Files and Folders
- Click Course Management > Files.
- Click to add to your list of available files. Files added in this manner won't be linked on the course page until you add the link using the method described above.
- Additionally, you can create folders to which you can move existing files, or upload new files.
Display a Directory
This option allows you to put a link on your course page to one of your file folders within the course.
- Scroll to the block in which you want the directory (aka folder) to appear.
- From the Add a resource... menu, click Display a directory.
- Give the link a name.
- Choose which directory to display.
- Click Save and return to course.
- First, make a .zip file that contains all the files that you want to upload. Highlight the files on your computer, right-click, and select the option about compressing. On a PC, the option will say Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder. On a Mac, the option will say Compress # items.
- On your course page in Sapling Learning, click Course Management > Files.
- If you'd like the new files to be grouped in a folder, Make a folder and click on it, or click on existing folder. Otherwise, continue to the next step.