How to write a question from scratch:
- Open the assignment where you want to add the question (any assignment will do, but this way you can assign the question when you're done).
- Open the Library by clicking the book icon .
- Click the New Question button .
- Select from the list of question types. If you're not sure what type you want or can't find it, don't worry, you can always edit the answer type later.
- The new question will appear at the bottom of the list, named "New Question" with a date and time of creation. Click to select it, then click the edit button .
- Write your question. We recommend including a Solution (the answer), a Correct tab (the answer with tolerance), and at least a Default tab (feedback your students will receive if they get the wrong answer). After you start your first question, it's a good idea to call your Client Success Specialist to make sure you didn't miss anything.
- Very important: Double-click the question to view and answer it as a student. ALWAYS do this to make sure the question works the way you think it does, no matter how certain you are. You might have missed something, and it's always possible you'll find a bug in our authoring. It's far better that you find mistakes before your students do.
- Add the question to your activity.
Any questions you write or edit will be available in any future courses you teach, but they are private to only you.