To edit an item
Locate an item you wish to edit and click the three dots icon
To edit something on your course home page, first navigate to the item you wish to edit. Click the three dots to the right of the item. This opens the edit menu.
Choose an option from the edit menu
- Show Only Topic (specific to topics/units): Shows only one topic/unit per page. You can navigate between topic pages using the Jump to... drop-down menu or page number links that appear at the bottom of the page. Note that each user can choose to show only one or all topics. In other words, your setting does not affect anyone else’s personal setting. Tip: if a student claims they cannot see an assignment, it could be because they accidentally clicked Show Only Topic.
- Highlight (specific to topics/units): This option is only available if your course is in Topics format. Click to highlight a topic block. Click again to un-highlight. In Weekly format, the current week will automatically highlight. The format can be changed by going to Settings.
- Edit: Allows you to change settings of a resource or activity.
- Hide/Show: Hidden links appear grayed-out to instructors and are completely invisible to students. When hiding a topic block/unit, the entire block and its contents will become hidden. The hide/show setting on a topic block overrides the hide/show setting on each resource in the block.
- Delete: Deletes the activity or resource forever. There is a confirmation, but no undo. When deleting a topic block/unit, the entire block and its contents will be deleted.
- Move: After clicking the move button, you will be prompted to click on a rectangle that represents the desired position of the topic or resource.
- Duplicate (specific to activities): Click this button to copy the assignment. The new copy will appear just below the original. The copy will be hidden from students and it won't have any dates set, but all other settings (points, policy, etc.) will match the original.
- Group Mode (specific to forums using groups): For more information, see the help article on Forums (Discussion Boards).
To switch your role to student
Click the Switch role to... drop-down in the upper right-hand corner and select Student. For more information on viewing your course page as a student, please see the help article How can I see what students see?.