Grouping students will allow you to sort your gradebook by group or extend a due date for a group.
Creating a group
- From your main course page, click or hover your mouse over Course Management. and click Groups.
- Scroll down and click Create group.
- Specify a group name. The other settings are optional and can always be changed later.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save changes.
- To return to the settings page, click on the name of the group, then scroll down and click Edit group settings.
- Click on the name of an existing group and click Add/remove users.
- In the “Potential members” box on the right, click the name(s) of the users that you’d like to add to the group. Use shift+click or ctrl+click to select multiple users.
- With at least one potential member selected, click the Add button.
- In the “Existing members” box on the left, click the name(s) of the users that you’d like to remove from the group. With at least one existing member selected, click the Remove button.
- Click Back to groups to return to the groups page.
Note that a given student may be placed into multiple groups if necessary for gradebook-sorting purposes. However, to successfully apply due date extensions for all students in a group, each student must be in only one group.