If your course uses the Calendar feature, you will see a calendar in the right sidebar.
Setting a due date for an activity will automatically add the activity to the course calendar. Change what kinds of events are visible in the calendar by clicking on the eye icons at the bottom. All events are visible by default. Hover over a date to view links to events for that date.
You can access the full calendar by clicking the month and year (i.e. July 2017) at the top. From this page you can:
- Create a new event/announcement
- Edit an event
- Delete an event
- Change calendar preferences
- Export calendar
From here you can change the following display preferences:
- Time display - The time can be changed between 12 and 24 hour format.
- First day of week
- Maximum number of events - may take up a lot of room on the screen if you choose a large number
- Upcoming events look-ahead - This sets the (maximum) number of days in the future that an event has to start in in order to be displayed as an upcoming event. Events that start beyond this will never be displayed as upcoming. Please note that there is no guarantee that all events starting in this time frame will be displayed; if there are too many (more than the "Maximum upcoming events" preference) then the most distant events will not be shown.
- Remember filter settings - If this is enabled, then your calendar will remember your last event filter settings (determined by the open/closed eye icons) and automatically restore them each time you login.
If you click Export Calendar, you can choose what type of events to export, and for which time period. You can export as a calendar file or as a URL. The URL appears under the options when you click Get Calendar URL.