WriterKey > How do I create custom editing marks?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 17, 2017
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

To watch a video that will teach you how to create custom editing marks, please go to "How do I create custom editing marks? (VIDEO)"

Select the assignment you wish to use with this new editing mark

If you have no assignments on your dashboard yet, begin by clicking the blue "NEW" button and choosing Assignment. Enter the initial assignment definitions and click "Save."

For more information on creating assignments, please read "How do I create an assignment?"

Click "Edit" in the Actions bar

Click the "EDITING MARKS" icon located in the Actions bar on the Assignment Sheet screen

By Default, only WriterKey recommended editing marks will be shown on the Assignment Editing Marks screen.

Click the radio button for "Use custom editing marks" on the Assignment Editing Marks screen

Enter a title and two-letter code for the custom editing mark you're creating

Enter a description for this editing mark

Click "+Save this new editing mark to your collection."

Drag your new editing mark from the "Available editing marks" tray to the "Editing marks to use with this Assignment" tray

Click "Save and return to Edit Assignment"

You can save the new set as your default set for future assignments by clicking the check box.

Please note that WriterKey currently limits assignments to only 12 editing marks.

Attachments

Outcomes