With WriterKey, instructors can build assignments based on their objectives and students can complete those assignments, with peer review options and reflections, to draft, review, revise and submit--all online. Instructors can make comments on the writing, using a comments library that makes grading more efficient. Then, using the powerful analytics in WriterKey, instructors can see how their students are progressing and where they need more writing instruction.
The Dashboard is your homepage within WriterKey. From here you will access all the areas of the site with a minimal number of clicks. This annotated picture of the Dashboard will help you get more familiar with your home screen.
- The main navigation bar is at the top.
- Add profile information, build rubrics, and more from the menu icon (three bars).
- The Add New button unlocks the building tools for assignments and more.
- The left-hand menus show system notifications (and allow you to send notifcations to your students), your current classes, and the Teaching Center, a repository for any teaching resources you'd like to have at hand in WriterKey.
- Organize what you see on your dashboard with filter buttons for Assignments, Activities, Workshops, and More.
- Each assignment, activity, and workshop is featured in its own display box. The yellow status bar keeps you up-to-date on progress.
- You control when to distribute assignments to students. A grey box indicates you have not activated the assignment, so students cannot see it on their dashboards.