WriterKey > How do I create custom rubrics?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 17, 2017
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Teachers may elect to create their own rubrics for holistic scoring. Our rubric builder makes that process simple. Once a rubric is created it is available for all future assignments. Rubric data is visible in the data center.

Click the menu icon in the main navigation bar

Click the link for the Rubric Builder tool that appears under the Account column

The Rubric Builder tab is where teachers create and/or edit custom rubrics for themselves, their school, or their district to provide a holistic evaluation of students' writing assignments.

Every teacher can create and/or edit rubrics to use with one or all of their classes. Rubrics are chosen from the "Grade With" selector when building an assignment. For more information on selecting rubrics, please read How can I add rubrics to my assignment using the "Grade With" selector when building an assignment??

When a school subscribes to WriterKey, each school assigns one staff member to be the person to manage the control of school or district wide rubrics. That person may invite others to be able to load rubrics as well. If you are unsure who this person is in your school, please write to info@writerkey.com and be sure to identify the name and state for your school in the email.

Click "+Add Rubric"

Create your custom Rubric

1. Give your rubric a title.
  2. Choose the number of rubric criteria and levels.
  3. Choose whether or not to show individual scores.
  4. Enter titles and text for your rubric.
  5. Click "Save" to keep working or "Save, done" when you've completed your work.

Attachments

Outcomes