WriterKey > How do I add a collaborator?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 17, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

WriterKey allows you to collaborate on and share Students, Assignments, and entire classes.

STEP 1: FROM YOUR DASHBOARD NAVIGATE TO THE RESOURCE YOU WISH TO SHARE WITH A COLLABORATOR
Sharing a class:

Select a class from the My Classes box to open the Class View screen

Click the "Sharing" tab

Sharing a student:

Select the class the student attends from the My Classes box to open the Class View screen

Click the Roster / Conferences tab and click the name of the student you wish to share with the collaborator

Sharing an assignment:

Select an assignment in your feed

Click the Edit icon from the actions navigation bar

Note that you could also create a new assignment and then share it. For more information on how to create an assignment, please read "How do I create an assignment?"

On the Assignment Sheet screen click the Collaborate icon from the actions navigation bar

STEP 2: CLICK THE "+ADD COLLABORATOR" BUTTON ON THE SHARING TAB

Choose the collaborator from the Teacher drop-down selector

Select a description from the Relevance drop-down selector

Click the blue "Save Collaborator" button

Once you have added a collaborator, the collaborator will need to refresh/reload their Dashboard before the shared class/student/assignment will be available to them.

To see an overview of all resources that have been shared with/by you, go to your Dashboard, click the blue "More" button and choose "Sharing"

Attachments

Outcomes