LaunchPad and LaunchPad Solo are both intuitive course spaces with curated, pre-built lessons, but there is one important difference between the two.
LaunchPad has an e-book and LaunchPad Solo does not
- LaunchPad combines an interactive e-book with multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing that will engage you with the material.
- LaunchPad Solo provides multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing that will engage you with the material, but without an e-book.
Signs that you are using LaunchPad with e-book
- The pre-built units in your table of contents may be organized around e-book chapters. They may have titles beginning with Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.
- There is an eBook icon in the left-hand navigation menu. This will take you to a table of contents that only contains readings from the e-book and no other assignments or resources.
- Items in your table of contents contain the text (e-Book) next to them in green to indicate they are from your e-book.
Signs that you are using LaunchPad Solo without e-book
The units in LaunchPad Solo contain easy-to-use modules and activities, but do not contain an e-book.
- At the very top left of the page you may see LaunchPad Solo instead of LaunchPad. You may also see LaunchPad Solo in your course title in the red bar at the top.
- You may not see an e-book icon in the left sidebar.