LaunchPad combines an interactive e-book with high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing and more.
LaunchPad Solo provides high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, often including LearningCurve adaptive quizzing, but without an e-book.
There are two methods you can use to locate your e-book in LaunchPad:
Click to expand subchapters until you see an e-book page
You can then click the e-book page to open it. Note that e-book pages often say (e-Book) to the right of the chapter name. If they do not say (e-Book), you can recognize them by the chapter and section number in the title, such as 2.1 in the example below.
If you want to view your entire e-book at once, click on the eBook link in the left-hand menu of your LaunchPad home page.
You are now viewing a table of contents for your entire e-book.
- Note that you will know you're viewing the entire e-book because LaunchPad will tell you that at the top of the page.
- By clicking on chapters, you can view sub-chapters.
- Click on the e-book link to read that section.
Note: Not all e-books have the features described below. In general, the most common and straightforward way to navigate the e-book is by clicking on each reading from the LaunchPad course home or eBook page.
Navigating within the e-book pages
- In the e-book, use the Read on button at the bottom to read the next section of the same reading (using the Previous and Next buttons will take you to the next reading in the e-book or into another resource entirely).
- The e-book also has a circle menu at the top left with a circle for each section of the current reading.
- Click the square below the circle menu to access a table of contents for the reading or show all sections of the reading.
For more information on how to navigate the pages of LaunchPad, please see the help article As a student, how do I navigate LaunchPad?.