Before you begin a homework activity:
Make sure to enable Flash player for your browser.
Click the assigned Homework activity from the home page
Note the Homework policies
In the navigation bar at the top you will see:
- The title of the activity
- The point total and if you have earned points toward that point total
- The due date and time
Under Policies you will see:
- The due date and time
- Which attempt (if your teacher is giving you more than one) will be reported to the gradebook
- If you can save and return to a question after starting the activity
Click "Start the Homework" or choose to "Attempt" a particular question
Because homework assignments allow you to submit answers to an activity on a question-by-question basis, there are two ways to begin taking the homework.
- Clicking the Start the Homework button will start the activity from the first question in the activity.
- Clicking the Attempt button associated with an individual question will display that specific question.
Answer the question using the answer fields that appear.
In the lower right hand corner, you will see three options.
- Click Directions to see the homework policies again.
- Click Save to save your answer. This will take you back to the main homework page where you can start the homework again when you're ready.
- Click Submit to submit your answer. See below for more information on submitting your answer.
In the lower right hand corner you will see up to four options.
- Status: A paper icon will appear indicating that your response has been submitted (hover over the paper icon to see your submission status).
- Retake: Click here to retry the same question in the homework. You will only see this button if you have attempts remaining.
- Start #: You can click the Start # button to move to the next question.
- Done: Click Done if you're done with the question. Clicking Done will bring you to a screen (see below) that shows the status of all the questions in the Homework.
From the status screen:
- Click Start to begin a question. As long as you have attempts in the Remaining column, you can start a question. Keep using your attempts until you answer the question correctly to get the highest possible score. Notice in the example below that the Start button is grayed out. That means that there are no attempts remaining.
- Click the button in the Review column to review your most recent attempt at the question. To review previous attempts, click the drop-down arrow and select the attempt you want to review.
Click "Details" in lower right
This will bring up a screen showing you your score so far, the due date for the homework and how you answered the homework questions.
Click Close to return to the above status screen.
Complete homeworkOnce you have submitted at least one attempt for every question on the homework, your assignment is complete. You will see Completed at the bottom left hand corner of the status screen.
If you do not complete your homework by submitting at least one attempt on every question, your assignment will not be complete and you will not receive a grade automatically.