LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I complete a student submitted video assignment?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Sep 5, 2017
Version 12Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The following instructions are for student submitted video assignments. This type of video assignment will require you to add a video. You may also be required to comment on videos and score them using a rubric.

If you are looking at an assignment where your instructor has added a video for you to view, please see the help article How do I complete an instructor submitted video assignment?.

Open the Video Assignment

Click on the Video Assignment from your LaunchPad home page or your Writer's Help 2.0 Assignments page.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Read the policies and directions

The policies and directions will list the due date and other instructions you'll need to know to complete the Video Assignment.

Click "Add File" to submit a video

For more information on loading videos please refer to the help article How do I load a video into a Video Assignment?.

Review your own work

Click "Open Video Review" to begin the Video Assignment

Hit play to watch the video

Note that you will not be able to complete the assignment before watching the video. You may have the option of watching the video on Youtube, but doing this will not enable you to complete the assignment.

Completing the assignment

1. Click the Assignment tab to view your assignment details.
  2. Click the Comments tab to enter comments. For more information on adding comments to your Video Assignment, see the help article How do I comment on a video in a Video Assignment?.
  3. Click the Rubric tab to complete the rubric. For more information on understanding and completing rubrics, see the help article What is a rubric and how can it help me score videos?.
  4. Click the Transcript tab to view a full transcript of the video.

Click "Submit Assignment" from the Assignment tab when you've completed the Video Assignment

You must submit the minimum number of comments required by your instructor and also complete the rubric if your instructor has assigned one. Note, however, that you can comment as many times as you'd like -- you are not limited by the minimum comment requirements of your instructor.

Note: If you are required to comment on and score other students' videos, you will not be able to submit your assignment at this time. Continue to the step below.

If you are required to review other students' videos, click "Done"

You will see a prompt asking if you want to submit the assignment. Click Proceed without submitting.

Review videos from your classmates

Choose the video you want to review from the list

Watch the video

Click the comment and rubric tabs to fulfill the minimum assignment requirements

1. Click the Comments tab to enter comments. For more information on adding comments to a Video Assignment, see the help article How do I comment on a video in a Video Assignment?.
  2. Click the Rubric tab to score the video using the rubric. For more information on rubrics, see the help article What is a rubric and how can it help me score videos?.

Click "Done" in the upper left when you've completed reviewing your classmate's submission

You will see a prompt asking if you want to submit the assignment. Click Proceed without submitting.

Choose another video to review

Repeat the steps until you have reviewed all videos required by your instructor as stated in the assignment Policies.

Submit assignment

When you have made the number of required comments and scored the required videos, you can submit your assignment. There are two ways to do this: from the prompt that appears or from your own video review.

From the prompt that appears:
When you click Done after reviewing the final students' video, click Submit Assignment in the prompt that appears.

Note: If you use the prompt to submit your video assignment before the requirements are met, you will not receive points for the assignment. Open the assignment again and complete the requirements before submitting.

From your own video review:
If you are required to score your own video using a rubric as well as your fellow students', you will see a submit button on your own video review.

Click Open Video Review after opening the video assignment.

Click Submit Assignment.

Note: If you use the Submit Assignment button to submit your video assignment before the requirements are met, you will not receive points for the assignment. Open the assignment again and complete the requirements before submitting.

Click "Home" to return to your course home page

Attachments

Outcomes