LaunchPad, Writer's Help 2.0, LearningCurve > Can I get free trial access to my course?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Nov 15, 2017
Version 16Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Yes! Free trial access allows you to register for and work inside of a course for 21 days, giving you time to purchase your books and/or media from the bookstore or our e-commerce site.

Note: When your free trial access expires or you're ready to purchase access, please see the help article How do I convert free trial access to full access?. Make sure you use the same e-mail address to register as you did to register for free trial access.

Note: If you are accessing LaunchPad via an LMS such as Blackboard, Canvas, D2L/Brightspace, Moodle, etc., find the instructions to link your LaunchPad to your LMS in the LMS Integration Table of Contents for Students.

Throughout this article you'll see references to LaunchPad, but the registration process detailed here is also the same for LaunchPad Solo, LearningCurve, and Writer's Help 2.0.

Go to the course-specific URL provided by your instructor

Alternatively, go to the LaunchPad website and follow the instructions to find your course.

Select "I need to pay later," enter your e-mail address, and click "Submit"

If you already have an account, you will be asked to re-enter your password as below. Once you've entered your password, jump to Click "Continue to site."

Click on the image to zoom in.

If you don't already have an account, you will be taken directly to the terms of use. If that's the case for you, continue to the next step.

Read and agree to Terms of Use

Enter your name, choose a password, and select "Register"

Passwords must be at least eight characters long, and include at least one capital, one lowercase, one special character, and one numeric character.

Click "Continue to Site"

You will see the date that your free trial access will end. You can enter an access code or purchase access from this page if you're ready. Otherwise, click Continue to site to begin your 21-day free trial.

Click "Join Course" to confirm this is the course you wish to join

If this isn't the course you meant to join, click Join a Different Course.

When accessing your new course you may find a Join Course button that is light green, meaning it isn't active. If this happens, check to see if you're being prompted to enter your campus LMS ID.

Enter your course

Once you log in to your course, you'll see a counter in the upper left of the page to let you know how much time is left in your free trial.

Attachments

Outcomes