LaunchPad, LearningCurve > Can I access my course using a public or shared computer, such as in my school's computer lab?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Aug 16, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Yes, you can! There are a few things to consider first so here's what you need to know.

1. See if the computer meets the minimum system requirements for your course.

To be sure your course functions properly, read the help article What are the minimum system requirements for your media?. If your computer doesn't meet these requirements--for example if the only available browser is outdated--you might let your instructor know so that she can speak with the lab administrator.

2. Be sure you're logging in to the correct course.

Another student may have used the computer before you to access a course, so before logging in, make sure the course URL matches your instructor's. This prevents you from accidentally switching yourself into another course. If you don't know your course URL, check your e-mail or your class page on your campus course management system to see if your instructor sent it to you or posted it on your class page. If you can't find it in any of these places, ask your instructor for it.

3. When you've finished in your course, log out.

Don't forget to log out to protect your account and your work from the next user of that computer.

Attachments

Outcomes