WriterKey > What can I do if I'm experiencing slower than expected loading of the Assignment View screen?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 26, 2018
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you are experiencing slower-than-expected loading of the Assignment View screen that appears when you open an assignment, it may be due to the size of your class. Every time this screen is loaded, all papers in that assignment are scanned for plagiarism. Extremely large classes (approaching 100 students) will take longer to process the assignment.

If this accurately describes your situation, you can resolve issue this by temporarily disabling the plagiarism detection while grading.

Click the menu icon

Select "Advanced Options"

Click to toggle the "Show Similarity Index feature" to the "Off" position

The Similarity Index feature allows you to quickly see if a student's submitted assignment is similar to any other student's submission for the assignment. For more information about how this feature works, please see the help article How can I check to see if a student plagiarized work from another student?.

Re-enable this feature when you are ready to check the list of papers for plagiarism

Follow the instructions above, but this time switch the toggle to the On position.

Attachments

Outcomes