Here are some things you can try.
- Check to see if your computer's keyboard is set to international settings (i.e., Not US/CA keyboard).
- Certain virus scanners, most notably Comcast, sometimes interfere with data entry. Try turning off your virus scanner.
- Ensure that Flash player is enabled in your browser of choice. It may be disabled by default.
- Verify your Flash version. If it's already up to date, you may need to uninstall then reinstall your Flash plugin.
- Try holding down the ALT key.
- Check your Num Lock and CAPS lock (depending on your input issue).
- Check the on-screen keyboard to make sure none of the virtual keys are stuck. If any keys are white on the on-screen keyboard while your hands are off the computer, then that key is stuck. Click it on the on-screen keyboard to turn it off.
For PC: WindowsKey-R (or Windows button at the bottom-left of screen). Type "osk" then enter.
To access the on-screen keyboard
For Mac: System Preferences > International Settings > Input Menu > Keyboard Viewer
If none of these options work, we advise you to use the on-screen keyboard or use a different computer to input your homework answers.