To access the gradebook for a course, click on the Grades button in the Administration block on the left side of the course.
The color and style of each score tells you some information about your progress on that activity.
- Score not available: If you have not yet opened an activity and the due date has not passed, your score shows as a dash (-). In addition, if your instructor has chosen certain grading policies, your score does not show until after the due date.
- Assignment in progress: If you have started an activity, the due date has not passed, and you still have attempts remaining on one or more questions, your score displays in green italics. If there is a due date set, these scores are not included in totals, since they represent your score so far on that assignment. For open-ended assignments (those without any due date) green scores are included in totals.
- Completed assignment: If you have finished all questions (by getting them correct, giving up, or running out of attempts) or the due date has passed, your score displays as a blue link. These scores are included in totals.
- Completed assignment with attempts remaining: If the due date has passed but you still have attempts remaining on one or more questions, the score has an asterisk (*). If you feel you deserve extra time to complete this assignment, you can contact your instructor about an extension.
- Hand-graded activities: Scores entered directly by your instructor appear in black.
- Score hidden (instructor view only): If the score is hidden from students, it displays in gray rather than blue, green, or black.