Writer's Help 2.0 > How do I use the Table of Contents?

Document created by Digital Support on Jan 25, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Apr 17, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The Table of Contents of Writer's Help 2.0 is organized into chapters that cover writing, grammar, research, and online learning skills. Writer's Help 2.0 content also consists of LearningCurve activities, diagnostics, and exercises. You can find all content by 1) clicking on the title directly 2) using the arrows to drill down through the content 3) using the scroll bar or 4) using the "smart search" option (refer to the help article How do I use search?).

Once you have located the content you want, you can Assign it directly from the Table of Contents. You may also Edit Title and Description of any resource and add your directions to it. The Table of Contents also allows you Remove original content or content you've added to it from the Resources tab.

Table of Contents

The Table of Contents appears on the left side of your screen. Use the scroll bar to view the various pages or click on one directly, and it will open in the center of your screen. The page you are on (the current page) is highlighted in a faint gray band in the Table of Contents.

Use the arrows to the left of chapter or section titles to drill down through the Table of Contents.

How do I assign a resource from the Table of Contents?

Hover your mouse over the resource and the Options menu will appear, then click Assign. The Manage Assignment screen is next. More on the assignment procedure is found in the article How do I create assignments?.

How do I edit a title and description in the Table of Contents?

Some topics allow you to edit the title and other topics allow you to edit the title and add a description. From the drop-down Options menu, click on Edit or Edit Title & Description.

Make your edits, add any directions, then click Save.

How do I remove a resource from the Table of Contents?

From the Options drop-down box, as shown in the previous steps, click on Remove. To Add a resource to the Table of Contents, refer to the help article How do I use the Resources panel?.

Note: If you remove a resource from the Table of Contents, it will also remove the gradebook entry for the assigned item, including any existing student grades. To put the removed content back into the Table of Contents, refer to the help article How do I use the Resources panel?.

Attachments

Outcomes